Chances are, over the years, you’ve accumulated quite the collection of tools, certainly more than could fit in a basic toolbox. The question is, however, can you name every tool that exists in your garage? More importantly, are you aware of the main function of each of those tools? While some of them may only serve one purpose, others might be multi-functional.
In order to make your life easier as a homeowner, it is a good idea to have a well-stocked toolbox with all the essentials. This way, when small repairs or improvements are needed, the toolbox is easily accessible and efficient.
10 Tools That Must Be Inside Your Home’s Toolbox:
- Hammer – One of the most commonly used tools, hammers can be used for pushing nails into wood or walls, but can also be used for demolition purposes.
- Screwdrivers – Nowadays, Phillips screwdrivers are needed more often than flathead screwdrivers, but it is important to have both on hand at all times.
- Needle Nose Pliers – Named for their elongated and slender grips, these pliers come in handy when small items or crevices are being dealt with.
- Crescent Wrench – This particular tools gets a lot of action because of the adjustable feature, so tightening and loosening chores are a breeze.
- Handsaw – Say goodbye to those pesky tree branches.
- Tape Measure – The necessity for a tape measure can not be stressed enough, especially when you consider the old saying, “measure twice, cut once.”
- Cordless Drill – This power tool is essential for homeowners, but make sure you purchase a quality drill that is also reversible.
- Torpedo Level – A level, along with another pair of eyes, ensures that items in your house aren’t crooked.
- Vise Grips – These pliers are unique because they lock in place.
- Utility Knife – This sharp object can take the place of scissors sometimes, and also does a fine job at scraping.